Updated July 2020
Who May Collect Your Personal Data: BrightDoor, LLC (“BrightDoor” or “we” or “us”)
What Personal Data We May Collect: We ask you for or have access to certain data, including personal data, in connection with creating an account on the App, using the App, and, as applicable, any in-app purchases. This personal data includes your:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number, and billing address;
- login and account information, including email and password;
- personal details including gender, date of birth, and purchase history;
- payment or credit card information;
- MLS identification number, if applicable;
- user activity while on the App;
- physical location, if location services are enabled on your device;
- images, photos and videos;
- business information that helps us provide our services to you, including your marketing preferences;
- technical information, such as details about your device and how you use the App; and
- security data used for authentication and fraud prevention.
How We Collect Personal Data: Through your use of the App and your continued engagement with BrightDoor, including:
- through information you provide when you create an account;
- through your use of the App;
- as part of an ongoing sales process;
- while providing online technical support, consultation, or product information; and
- through the process of maintaining and upgrading the App.
Tools To Manage What Personal Data We Collect: We offer you the choice of receiving different types of communication and information related to our company, products, and services. You may subscribe to e-newsletters or other publications; you may also elect to receive marketing communications and other special offers from us via email. If at any time you would like to change your email communication preferences, we provide unsubscribe links and an opt-out mechanism for your convenience.
When using the App, we also provide in-time notice or obtain consent for certain practices. For example, we will obtain consent to use your location or send push notifications. We may obtain this consent through the App or using the standard permissions available on your device.
In many cases, your mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of personal data. For example, your mobile device may offer tools to allow you to manage location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your device.
At this time, we do not respond to “do not track” signals sent by web browsers.
How We Use Personal Data: We may use personal data in the following ways:
- to provide customer support and communicate with you about your orders, purchases, and accounts with us or to respond to requests, questions, and comments;
- to inform you about our new products and services, product updates, technical support issues, and special offers we think you may be interested in;
- to contact you for customer satisfaction surveys or other market research information;
- to operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products and services, managing our communications, and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities);
- to improve search functionality;
- to verify home tour property locations;
- to protect the security and integrity of our websites, systems, services, and other technical assets;
- to meet legal requirements, or as required by a judicial process or government request, and to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim; and
- to comply with industry standards and our policies.
How We Share Personal Data: We will not sell, rent, or lease to others your personal data. There are, however, situations in which we may share the personal data we collect with other parties. These may include disclosures that we make to:
- third party service providers processing personal data on our behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, host, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, advertising, analytics, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features;
- third parties participating in the live remote video tour session feature of the App; and
- other third parties to the extent necessary to: (i) comply with a government request, a court order or applicable law; (ii) prevent illegal uses of the App or violations of the App’s End User License Agreement or our policies; (iii) defend ourselves against third party claims; and (iv) assist in fraud prevention or investigation (e.g., counterfeiting).
Our Data Security: BrightDoor takes care to guard the security of your information. We use physical, technical and organizational measures that are reasonably designed to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, or alteration; unauthorized disclosure or access; and against all other unlawful forms of processing. Although no information security system is impenetrable, BrightDoor maintains a comprehensive information security program that is proportionate to the risks associated with the processing. We use enhanced security measures when processing any sensitive information, such as by employing encryption technology when collecting or transferring passwords and payment card information.
How To Contact Us:
Attn: Michael Worthington
414 Fayetteville Street, Ste 400
Raleigh NC 27601